Backend Golang Engineer (m/f/x)
ABOUT THE JOB
- To architect, design, develop, deploy, evolve, and operate distributed systems in a DevOps way
- To be an integral part of an empowered and self-organizing team
- To actively collaborate with other engineers, product owners, domain experts and designers to deliver great outcomes
- To pair with others and review work, sharing knowledge and increasing quality across the board
- To scale our reach by integrating our platform with more banks, PSPs, insurance companies and other financial systems
- To champion continuous improvement of technology and the ways we work
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer.
- You can build and debug reliable, high availability, secure and performant distributed services in Golang.
- You care about quality and know when and how to ship code safely.
- You have a solid understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux.
- You can reason and drive technical decisions.
- You love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making.
- You get inspired, think of new ideas and like to share them with others.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK AT OPTIOPAY?
- We are a motivated and international team from 15 different countries with a very flat hierarchy.
- We are building a modern microservice architecture from scratch: We are not bound by legacy systems and are free to pick the tools developers want.
- You get to work with smart, friendly people who prioritize building something cool over validating their ego.
- You input counts: You are encouraged to look beyond your current task, pitch in on architecture & tool decisions and give feedback on all parts of our system.
- We have a hybrid working mode. If you are an office person, we have an awesome office near Potsdamer Platz with a beautiful rooftop terrace!